Bitcoin is an innovative payment network and a digital cryptocurrency.
Bitcoin is a digital asset and a payment system. It is commonly called a decentralized digital currency.
It was invented by Satoshi Nakamoto in 2009.
It is an open source software. This means, that no person, company or country owns this network just like no one owns the Internet.
The system is peer-to-peer, that is, users can transact directly without an intermediary like a bank, a credit card company or a clearing house.
Transactions are verified by network nodes and recorded in a public distributed ledger called the blockchain. (http://blockchain.info)
Where to Get BTC Address ?
1. (Unocoin – India) http://bit.ly/btcinr
2. (Zebpay – India) http://bit.ly/inrbtc
For advantage on zebpay on first. transaction use referral code:
3. (Coinbase – $$) http://bit.ly/btc-dollar
4. (Official BTC) http://blockchain.info
Bitcoin Transaction Hash ID
Bitcoin is legal and regulated in USA
- Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN), United States Department of the Treasury has classified bitcoin as a convertible decentralized virtual currency in 2013.
- Global Advisors Bitcoin Investment Fund (GABI) is the first regulated bitcoin hedge fund to receive regulatory approval from the Jersey Financial Services Commission (JFSC). View article / View article / View article
- New York State Department of Financial Services (NYSDFS) started issuing BitLicense to businesses related to virtual currency activities.
- Coinbase launched the first regulated bitcoin exchange in the U.S.
- Winklevoss brothers’ bitcoin exchange, Gemini, had been granted a license by the New York State Department of Financial Services.
- European Union’s top court, European Court of Justice, ruled that exchanging bitcoin should be exempt from value-added tax in the same way as traditional money.
- Bitstamp to be the first fully licensed bitcoin exchange in Europe, w.e.f. July 1, 2016. It has been granted the license by Luxembourg Financial Industry Supervisory Commission (CSSF).
- The Diet, Japan’s legislature, has recently passed a bill to regulate bitcoin exchangesunder country’s Financial Services Agency (FSA). The law defines bitcoin to have ‘asset-like’ values and legally permissible to be used in making payments for goods or services.
- Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore (IRAS) has issued tax guidelines for Bitcoins stating that businesses that choose to accept virtual currencies such as Bitcoins for their remuneration or revenue are subject to normal income tax rules. View article / View article
- A bitcoin exchange-traded fund (ETF) is issued by the Bitcoin Investment Trust (BIT), owned and operated by Grayscale Investments, LLC. It trades with symbol GBTC, and is also known as BITShare.
To see the legal status of bitcoin in all countries, visit: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_bitcoin_by_country#cite_note-TOI_noreg-17